Caring for a natural horn silvertip badger shaving brush:
1. The brush is sterilized - it should not be boiled.
2. Lather lightly without excessive pressure.
3. After use - rinse thoroughly and remove all excess moisture.
4. Leave in open air to dry out - never enclose a damp brush.
5. Rinse out the brush in a mild borax solution periodically. This will help prevent mildew attacking the hairs and give long life to the brush.
6. To maintain luster and prevent brittleness, occasionally put a drop of food or pharmaceutical grade mineral oil on a finger and rub into the natural horn handle.